Tuesday, 28 April 2009

Pretty Pillowcases

Following on from my last post, I have been lucky with the charity shops again today! Yes these pretty pillowcases which I found when I popped into my local charity shop while on the way to the post office to post off an amazon parcel I had sold.


The two big ones are proper pillowcases for beds, but the small white one is a pillow/cushion cover and has really lovely lacey embroidery around the edge.

This false hexagon patchwork pillowcase is quite unusual, it looks modern to me, but it has no label inside so I have no idea where its from.



I really like the print in this hexagon...little lilac roses and polka dots.


This is the edging on the cushion cover, the flowers on this are really sweet too, and its in perfect condition.



This one is a bit more retro looking, but I really like the turquoise and purpley colours, and the ruffled edge too! Sadly I don't think I will be using the two pillowcases as pillowcases, I think they shall be cut up and added to the stash!! Its not that I don't like them as pillowcases, just that they really dont go with all my other bedding!



Did you want to know how much they cost for all three? Oh you did? Well they were 50p each! Bargain! When I paid the man in the shop made me laugh he said "sweet dreams" hehe! X

13 comments:

  1. These are lovely! I also have great pillowcases from my local charity shop, which cost 50c each, or 75c for a pair! I bought loads to make some bunting, but have ended up using some of them as large cushion covers too (French pillows are usually square, so the cases work well on cushions).

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty!

    Take Care
    Love Melanie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like them, great bargains! Seems you are having a lot more luck with the charity shops lately :)

    Mel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable fabric!! Even more adorable price!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, well done Gem ;)

    I especially love the retro frilly one, I do love my frills you know :)

    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahhh comments like that are lovely because they stay with you!!

    I've tagged you x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely Pillowcases Gem, What are you going to do with them.
    Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am hosting a swap over on my site if you would like to join, please feel free to pop over and take a look.
    Take Care
    Love Melanie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bargain finds Gem!

    I got some great pillowcases from the charity shop for 50p each the other day, I must post about them

    Victoria x

    ReplyDelete
  10. well done! Lovely finds and very cheap

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely finds :-)

    i really must pay more attention looking in the charity shops on the way home from my numerous trips to the post office!

    did manage to bag myself some books the other day tho!

    Rose XXX

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely finds and a good cheap way to build up your stash.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Do you remember my pillowslip challenge from last summer?
    It's amazing how much can be made from one pillowslip.
    The patchwork one is so cute.

    love and blessings
    xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I love reading them and will always try to get back to you and visit your blog! xx Gem